About Michigan Faith in Action
A proud Faith in Action or FIA affiliate, MFA is a grassroots, multicultural, interdenominational community organizing initiative that empowers ordinary people with leadership training and skills that forge powerful relationships to address community-specific and statewide-public-policy issues. We are a 501 c3 board structure of member organizations that include clergy and lay leadership. We plan and organize throughout the state in nine geographical clusters.
Building a faith-based movement to transform Michigan--MFA brings people of faith, institutions, and organizations together to build community and address the root causes and results of poverty, violence and division.
We will develop a new Michigan narrative that acknowledges the right, and creates the opportunity, for all to experience social and economic justice equally.
- Honor the abundant gifts God has given us.
- Act on the beliefs that we are all God's Children.
- Repair that which is broken.
- Create shared prosperity, wholeness, safety, and health for all people.
- Transform the state.
Faith in Action or FIA
- Mission to assist congregations in building powerful organizations to improve communities and strengthen families
- Since 1972, helping working families have an effective voice in public decisions that shape their lives.
- 1,000 congregations, 60 faith traditions, 150 cities, 18 states, six countries in Central America and Rwanda. One of the largest, most diverse community efforts in the United States.
- Track record of improving inner-city schools, winning hundreds of millions of dollars for housing and community development, innovative community policing, increasing access to health care and holding political leaders accountable.