About Michigan Faith in Action
A proud Faith in Action or FIA affiliate, MFA is a grassroots, multicultural, interdenominational community organizing initiative that empowers ordinary people with leadership training and skills that forge powerful relationships to address community specific and statewide-public-policy issues. We are a 501 c3 board structure of member organizations that include clergy and lay leadership. We plan and organize throughout the state in nine geographical clusters.
Building a faith-based movement to transform Michigan--MFA brings people of faith, institutions and organizations together to build community and address the root causes and results of poverty, violence and division.
We will develop a new Michigan narrative that acknowledges the right, and creates the opportunity, for all to experience social and economic justice equally.
- Honor the abundant gifts God has given us.
- Act on the beliefs that we are all God's Children.
- Repair that which is broken.
- Create shared prosperity, wholeness, safety, and health for all people.
- Transform the state.
Faith in Action or FIA
- Mission to assist congregations in building powerful organizations to improve communities and strengthen families
- Since 1972, helping working families have an effective voice in public decisions that shape their lives.
- 1,000 congregations, 60 faith traditions, 150 cities, 18 states, six countries in Central America and Rwanda. One of the largest, most diverse community efforts in the United States.
- Track record of improving inner city schools, winning hundreds of millions of dollars for housing and community development, innovative community policing, increasing access to health care and holding political leaders accountable.
In Case You Missed It...
Click here to watch the live stream replay from our Town Hall meeting with the Rev. Dr. William Barber.
Click here for more information on our Flint Water Response.